Monday, October 19, 2015

Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair skincare duo review

GrownAlReview02

A recent weekend trip to the countryside provided the perfect opportunity to trial a selection of the Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair range.

The first product that I trialled is the Grown Alchemist Tinted Hydra-Repair Day Cream: Camellia & Geranium Blossom ($49.95). Apart from dark spots and the random blemish, my skin is usually clear which means I can get away with wearing only a tinted moisturiser on low-maintenance days. In the evening I like to lather on layers of hydration to ensure I wake up with glowing skin, so I was excited to also try the Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Cream-Masque: Olive-Polyphenol & Babassu ($69.95) Hydra-Repair Cream-Masque: Olive-Polyphenol & Babassu ($69.95).

Tinted creams come in a variety of formulations, I’ve tried ‘tinted moisturisers’ that were basically just light coverage foundations, but the Grown Alchemist Tinted Hydra-Repair Day Cream encapsulates the words tinted moisturiser. The product is ultimately a facial moisturiser that provides a slight tint of colour to the skin. I love this product for a natural look and to add some colour to my face. It provides decent hydration but I would suggest dry skin types use a separate moisturiser underneath as I do.

GrownAlReview04

Call me strange but I love products that smell good! When browsing the isles of any beauty store I am always sniffing the testers. The Grown Alchemist products smell AMAZING and contain only natural ingredients. Back on topic, I discovered the tinted moisturiser looks great worn under a mineral powder foundation for more coverage. It provides a radiant glow to your face.

The Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Cream-Masque is a multi-tasking product, doubling as a daily moisturiser and hydrating face mask. This cream contains a range of natural skin-loving ingredients like extracts from olive oil which is meant to visibly firm the skin, geranium oil which helps improve the appearance of pores and camellia oil to protect the skin against UV damage and premature ageing. I highly recommend using a hydrating mask like this one on flights or in cold climates, as the ingredients assist your skin in retaining moisture. As a moisturiser, this cream is best for dry or ageing skin types as it is a thick consistency. Personally I enjoy using this cream in the evening, when I’m not worried about the shiny residue it leaves on my face. This cream leaves my face feeling plump, hydrated and glowing in the morning.

Both of these Grown Alchemist products have secured a spot in my regular beauty routine – and the absolutely beautiful packaging looks great on my vanity. The tinted day cream comes in a 45ml glass bottle with a pump for easy application while the cream-masque is packaged in a 50ml glass jar that comes with a tiny spoon-like applicator to avoid harvesting bacteria in the tub. Both products have a luxurious look and would make great gifts for any beauty-lovers in your life... or as a treat to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment