Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Mia Connor Announced AU's Makeup Artist of the Year 2015

Mia Connor Talks Australian Makeup Artist of the Year 2015

The makeup industry can be one of the most hardest and competitive industries to break in to. We caught up with this year’s Australian Makeup Artist of the Year, Mia Connor, about her new title, what her bright future holds and the main beauty products she can’t live without.

Congratulations on winning Australian Makeup Artist of the Year at the 2015 Australian Industry Makeup Awards! How does it feel being crowned Australia’s best makeup artist?

MC: Thank you! This has honestly been the biggest career milestone to date for me and definitely something I have been working towards for some time. I am so excited for what the future holds!

Your looks are known for glowing skin, perfect blending shadows and flawless clean lines. Where do you gain your inspiration to create such looks?

MC: I gain a lot of my inspiration from other artists whose work I admire, whether by following them on social media or looking through magazines. I’m a bit of a perfectionist though, so I have always been quite particular with blending and the like.

If you had to choose only 3 makeup products to use for the rest of your life, what would they be?
MC: Mascara, liner and a fabulous highlighter.

Your high demand ‘Beautiful Brides’ and ‘Smoke Bomb Eyes’ Masterclasses sell out as soon as you announce them. What are your top tips for creating the perfect smokey eye?
MC: Do your eyes before your base to easily wipe away any fallout. Build your depth rather than going in too strong – we can easily add but it’s much harder to take away. Use eye primers or paint pots to ensure a perfect base for your Smokey Eye, avoid creasing and guarantee longetivity.

Mia Connor Talks Australian Makeup Artist of the Year 2015

You’re hoping to break into the US market with your Masterclasses. What is it about your makeup style that will bring something different to the US industry?
MC: Yes! I get requests from USA artists almost weekly to go over to the States to run my Masterclasses. I like to think my style is an infusion of elegance meets dramatic and I feel this would be well suited to the US market.

You have 14,000 likes on her Facebook Page and over 34,000 followers on Instagram. What do you love most about posting finished works on social media?
MC: I pride myself on posting the majority of my content as unedited, raw images, most of which I take myself. I don’t like to edit my images as I feel this is misleading and I know people appreciate to see the makeup for what it actually is. I love reading comments from followers saying that I inspire them – it’s a great feeling to know that you are someone’s inspiration.

You’ve worked with some major names within the Australian makeup industry, including successful YouTube star Loz Curtis. What is it like working with such talented individuals?
MC: Yes, I have worked with Lauren Curtis a couple of times as well as other celebrities such as Jesinta Campbell, Jodi Gordon & Imogen Anthony. They are all fantastic and a pleasure to work with!

What exciting plans does the future have in store for you?
MC: I will hopefully break into the US market by 2016. I’m in the process of creating my own YouTube channel and hopefully taking my Masterclasses online with eBooks to go worldwide. I’m also working on a very exciting project at the moment which unfortunately I can’t talk about just yet, so stay tuned!

To find out about Mia’s upcoming projects, gain makeup inspiration, and to generally be in awe of Mia’s creations, be sure to follow her Instagram.

Interview: Jessica Lunan

No comments:

Post a Comment