Sunday, March 20, 2016

Zayn Malik's single review: from boy-band to bangers

Zayn Malik new single review Like I Would


So, now I know why Zayn didn't lose any sleep when his second single, 'I'm Yours,' majorly flopped. It's because he had this ultimate banger ready to unleash to the world.


'Like I Would' is a step up from 'Pillowtalk' and sees him elaborating on the sex appeal he provided on that track and gives us an up-tempo, electro jam that is just begging to be played at clubs.


From the first listen he has your full undivided attention and as soon as it finishes you will be reaching for the replay button. The laid back, electro beat is easy to groove along to, while that hook will have you bopping, and will be instantly stuck in your head. "He won't touch you like I do. He won't love you like I would. He don't know your body, he don't do you right. He won't love you like I would, love you like I would".


It's interesting hearing him experiment with different vocal techniques and ultimately finding his own solo sound with these new songs. While it may still have boy-band elements to it, this sound is very him and suits his high range vocals.


If you're not excited, or the least bit intrigued by Zayn's forthcoming debut album, then you are kidding yourself.





Words: Thomas Bleach


Orgininally published on www.thomasbleach.com | Follow Thomas Bleach: Twitter | Facebook | Youtube 

No comments:

Post a Comment