Monday, November 23, 2015

Swimwear truths and how to be summer ready with Ruth Hurley

RH Swimwear

Australian boutique swimwear label, RH Swimwear, has just launched their second collection. Characterised by the brands values of classic styles with a modern twist, the range is features minimalist styles, lac- up details, fresh bold prints and bold block colours which allows the collection to be versatile in mix-and –match options. We spoke with the designer and founder of RH Swimwear, Ruth Hurley, about her inspirations, her top tips to feel good in a bikini and if a woman can ever have too many bikinis.

What do you love most about designing swimwear?

RH: I love that my work represents a lifestyle that I adore. That our customers will be wearing their RH swimmers at some of their happiest times, whether it’s relaxing on one of Australia’s beautiful beaches or on holiday, for me it’s a good day if you’re in a bikini!

Can a woman ever have too many bikinis?

RH: Of course not! Seriously though, one of the reasons I started RH Swimwear was because I felt like there wasn’t a brand out there offering our aesthetic at an affordable price. This meant I was only buying 1 or 2 bikinis a season, and to be honest when you live by the beach that’s just not enough! What I love about our collections is that you can buy 2 prints and 1 solid colour and mix them all up to create lots of different looks.

Where do you find your design inspirations?

RH: From all over really - I obviously follow the fashion industry closely, anticipating trends and taking inspiration from catwalk looks; but there’s also a lot to be said for gut instinct, I hope that if something really appeals to me then it will also appeal to RH Swimwear customers. An idea often takes a while to develop – I might have seen a print somewhere, not necessarily on an item of clothing but on a bed cover or dinning plate set (it could be anything); I’ve noticed that if it strikes a chord then it’ll stay with me and come out in a design later down the track. It’s only afterwards when I look back that I’ll sometimes remember the original source that kicked off a specific design.

RH Swimwear

What are your 3 tips to look and feel your best in a bikini?

RH: 1. Buy a good fitting bikini that you feel comfortable in.

2. Use colour, embellishments and other details to either accentuate you’re favourite bits, or to balance out disproportions. I.e. if you’re smaller on the top than the bottom, wear a printed bikini top matched with solid colour bottoms in a dark hue.

3. Just try to have fun at the beach/pool (whatever you’re doing) and not get too paranoid about body insecurities. If you’re enjoying yourself you’ll subsequently be feeling good and looking good to others too.

What are your 3 beach essentials?

RH: A good book (I love a gripping thriller), lots of water (my body seems to need an unusual amount of it), sun cream and a friend! (Your RH bikini is a given of course).

RH Swimwear

If you could choose any celebrity to wear your bikinis, who would it be?

RH: I'm not a huge celeb worshiper, I like Mila Kunis, I think she's beautiful and I used to watch That 70's Show when I was a teenager so I love that she's made it now. Or Kate Moss is always going to be high up my list for effortless style.

What are your top tips to prolong the life of your bikini?

RH: Don’t put it in the washing machine ever, make sure you properly rinse out the chlorine and salt water, and always let it fully dry (away from sunlight). You can buy special washing liquids but I tend to just wash my bikinis in the shower with some shampoo. It’s better to do that as soon as you get in from the beach then leave it wet for hours thinking that you’ll wash it properly later.

To feel gorgeous and water-ready this summer, be sure to check out the latest styles on RH Swimwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment